Welcome to the Democratic Socialists of Salt Lake. We are the Salt Lake City chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America open to all in Utah. At the DSSL, we are striving to build a more democratic and equitable society for all people in the Salt Lake area and Utah as a whole.
As socialists, we believe that the working class can build a more equitable society where social and economic decisions are made by those whom they most affect. Democratic socialists do not want to create an all-powerful government bureaucracy. But we do not want big corporate bureaucracies to control our society either.
At the DSSL, we are constantly trying to work towards equity and understanding in every way we can. Our chapter is open to all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or ability. To create an inclusive and democratic society in our world, we must be striving towards this goal within our DSSL community.
We at DSSL believe that we must organize and build solidarity to protect working class rights. Our chapter is involved with many actions across the state that strive to protect vulnerable populations and fight for better material conditions right now to build a better Utah for all.
The DSA is not a political party, but it does often push for bettering working class living conditions through electoral politics. Rather than this being the ultimate end of DSA’s or DSSL’s activism our organization recognizes both the strengths and limits of political organizing.
- Salt Lake DSA Endorses Michael Valentine for Salt Lake City Mayor
- Salt Lake DSA Statement in Support of Palestinian Liberation
- DSSL Stands in Solidarity with the Writers Guild of America During their Strike!
- DSSL Proudly Supports the Unionizing Efforts of the Workers at the SLC Public Library
- DSSL 2022-23 Year in Review
- No Appetite For Apartheid
- DSSL Resolution For an Internationalist DSA
- Graphic Design Workshop Jan 3-4
- All About Socialism (In Progress)