- DSSL Stands in Solidarity with the Writers Guild of America During their Strike! (5/2/2023) - DSSL Public Statement Regarding the WGA Strike As of midnight today, May 2nd, 2023, the 12,000 movie and television writers in the Writers Guild of America (WGA) are striking to demand appropriate compensation pre- and post-production, more pay for experienced writers, and basic benefits and protections for all industry writers. WGA members voted overwhelmingly toContinue reading "DSSL Stands in Solidarity with the Writers Guild of America During their Strike!"
- DSSL Proudly Supports the Unionizing Efforts of the Workers at the SLC Public Library (4/23/2023) - An open letter of solidarity with Salt Lake City Public Library Workers United April 22nd, 2023 To the Salt Lake City Public Library Board of Directors, and to library patrons, The Democratic Socialists of Salt Lake (DSSL) is first and foremost a socialist organization formed in the spirit and practice of working class solidarity andContinue reading "DSSL Proudly Supports the Unionizing Efforts of the Workers at the SLC Public Library"
- DSSL 2022-23 Year in Review (4/19/2023) - Updated on 4/20/2023 at 12:03pm Our chapter’s annual convention is less than two weeks away, and with that comes the beginning of a new year in the DSSL. It feels like society has been crumbling before our very eyes the past 12 months, but DSSL has stood strong in the face of capitalist oppression inContinue reading "DSSL 2022-23 Year in Review"
- No Appetite For Apartheid (6/3/2022) -
- DSSL Resolution For an Internationalist DSA (4/2/2022) - DSSL Resolution For an Internationalist DSA Whereas the State of Israel has carried out a regime of occupation, apartheid and ethnic cleansing against the Palestinian people; and Whereas the U.S. government continues to fund and arm the Israeli settler state, sending billions of dollars in military aid with congressional approval; and Whereas our position asContinue reading "DSSL Resolution For an Internationalist DSA"
Widget not in any sidebars